The candidate should have 15-20 years of experience of managing and implanting development sector projects, primarily in the areas of value chain development, sectorial development and economic growth.
- The candidate should have prior experience of:
- Trade related technical assistance projects with at least 5 years’ experience in the Leather Product Sector
- Conducting gap and need assessments, leading to value chain analysis and development of value chain options
- Conducting training needs assessments, and carrying out and implementing capacity building and training programs for technical workers, shop floor managers and senior management of SMEs
- Development and implementation of strategic business plans for SMEs
- Development of forward linkages for export enhancement and diversification throughout the value chain of any particular sector
- Design, implementation and management of donor funded projects
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in Economics, or Business Administration.
- Comprehensive understanding of Leather Product Sector’s dynamics and constraints is required, with proven work experience of the improvement of Leather Product Sector’s competitiveness.
- The candidate will be responsible for providing overall strategic direction, developing work plans and managing project resources (technical assistance, training, commodity etc.) for the timely and successful completion of project work plan and achievement of project goals and objectives.
The position is based in Lahore, with intermittent travel to other cities in Pakistan.
Email applications mentioning the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with relevant experience and skill set will be short listed.