NILT – Business Development Manager
National Institute of Leather Technology (NILT), Karachi is one of the major institutes working under Chairman and Board of governors, representing the leather industry and TDAP; to meet the requirement of the leather industry pertaining to the skilled, semi-skilled technical personnel. The European Union funded Pakistan Leather Competitiveness Improvement Program (PLCIP) is working with the NILT Management and Board to develop NILT as a technically competitive and financially viable service provider to the leather sector. These stakeholders are jointly developing a strategic business plan for NILT, which will provide a road map for the next several years, allowing NILT to become competitive and sustainable and supporting PTA in its implementation. PLCIP, in collaboration with PTA, intends to hire services of a competent Business Development Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Be overall responsible for implementation of strategic business plan of NILT
- Develop and implement a faculty development program for NILT in alignment with the strategic business plan
- Bring maximum output from the available resources in terms of student enrollment and services rendered to the leather sector
- Assess the actual potential of NILT in the leather market, identifying suitable opportunities, initiating dialogue, developing project proposals, and then implementing technical and commercial services to the leather sector (including running the existing infrastructure at NILT as a common facility center)
- Build and utilize contacts with potential clients of in the leather sector to be able to incite interest in NILT services
- Expand opportunities within new services area of value addition of leather sector such as leather goods, leather garments and other value added products.
- Gather and share knowledge about the competitive needs of leather sector and seek mechanisms for NILT to fulfill these needs.
- Coordinate with PTA and the NILT Board / executive committee on implementation of the strategic business plan
- Identify further funding opportunities for technical and financial support/in kind contributions for NILT
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organization skills and good attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Ability to understand the challenges of the leather industry, and implement programs to serve the needs of the industry
- Knowledge of the operation of common service centers/vocational institutes will be added advantage
- Master’s in Business Administration
- This is a Karachi based position
Send your resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org Do not forget to mention NLT – Business Development Manager in the subject line/on envelop. Only those candidates with relevant experience and skill set will be short listed.